Capsized Boats Turn 31 Migrants Into Food For Sharks Off The Libyan Coast

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

The Oasis Reporters

November 30, 2017

31 people have been reported dead and another 40 missing when Sharks attacked migrants who fell from overcrowded boats in the Mediterranean.

According to the Libyan Navy said, it arrived the scene of accident and found two upturned boats that were headed for Europe.

Many of the bodies had bite marks from deadly blue sharks, with some of the killer fish spotted nearby, the navy said on its Facebook page.

It described how terrified survivors were found scurrying to get on top of the upturned hulls away from the sharks saying three children and 18 women were among the dead.

“We found dozens of bodies floating in the water and two small boats with hundreds of people crowded on board and others holding on or trying to climb aboard to escape from the sharks,” the post read.

One sailor told Italian newspaper Il Giorno: “There were lots of bodies all around and we saw there were four or five sharks swimming among them, large blue sharks, a very aggressive specie.

“When we brought the bodies on board, we noticed that some of them had been bitten, so it’s possible that among the missing some may have been eaten.”

The stranded migrants were found 40 miles off the coast of North Africa and were believed to be heading for southern Italy or Malta.

Officials said 200 survived the horrific ordeal while around 1,800 people have been rescued in the Mediterranean in the last two weeks.

Source : The Will

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Greg Abolo

Blogger at The Oasis Reporters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *