Kachikwu’s Family Receives Sympathizers Over The Fire That Gutted His Residence

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

The Oasis Reporters

October 18, 2017

No one was said to have been hurt by the strange fire that gutted the residence of the Minister of state for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu in Asokoro, Abuja on Sunday evening but the shock waves it elicited continue to reverberate.

The fire reportedly started in his bedroom as a result of a suspected electrical fault to the air conditioners.
“Kachikwu was not at home when it happened, but thankfully the fire service reacted quickly and put out the fire before things could go out of hand”, a source told TheCable, an online media platform.

Ibe Kachikwu has been embroiled in a controversy with the NNPC Group Managing Director, Ibrahim Kacalla Baru. NNPC is a parastatal under the Petroleum Ministry where Kachikwu is the deputy minister and he has complained in an open letter that Baru has negotiated deals without recourse to him as NNPC board chairman and minister of state.

Meanwhile, friends and well wishers have continued to throng the home of the deputy minister in solidarity and consolation.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Greg Abolo

Blogger at The Oasis Reporters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *