The Oasis Reporters
March 2, 2019
As a clear sign that Delta state is essentially a People’s Democratic Party, PDP stronghold, many of it’s House of Representatives members have returned, some for a record fifth or sixth time.
Listed here are Delta State winners of the House of Representatives (HoR) in the just concluded election.
1. Aniocha/Oshimili – Hon Ndudi Elumelu (PDP returnee, third timer)
2. Ika – Hon Victor Nwaokolo (PDP incumbent, third timer)
3. Ndokwa/Ukwuani – Hon Ossai N. Ossai (PDP incumbent, third timer)
4. Ughelli/Udu – Rev Francis Waive (APC first timer)
5. Sapele/Okpe/Uvwie – Hon Efe Afe (PDP first timer).
6. Ethiope – Hon Ben Igbakpa (PDP first timer)
7. Patani – Hon Nicholas Mutu (PDP incumbent six timer)
8. Bomadi/Burutu – Hon Pondi (PDP incumbent, second timer).
9. Isoko – Hon Leo Ogor (PDP incumbent, fifth timer)
10. Warri – Chief Ereyitomi (PDP first timer).
The PDP took 24 out 25 local governments in the presidential election.
In another development, the attempt by former Delta State PDP governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan to get into the Senate through the All Progressive Congress, APC equally failed. He lost to four times Senator, James Manager of the PDP.
Uduaghan was Secretary to the Delta State Government under his first cousin, James Ibori before succeeding him as governor for 8 years as candidate from Delta South Senatorial district. His father came from the Itsekiri tribe. Ibori is Urhobo, with an Itsekiri mother.
After his governorship tenure, he sought to go to the Senate, asking the Ijaw born, with a maternal lineage in the Isoko tribe to step down for him in the Ijaw/Isoko/ Itsekiri zoning and rotational arrangement, but was rebuffed. He defected to the APC and lost.
Would Uduaghan come back to the PDP, or remain in the APC to hope for some federal appointment now that APC’s President Muhammadu Buhari has won reelection ?
This remains to be seen, but commentators say he is coming with little or no value as he could not deliver sufficient votes to the APC.
Former governor Uduaghan is credited for completing and equipping the Delta State University Teaching Hospital at Oghara, James Ibori ‘s home town, and also joined the medical team to perform the first Heart surgery in the hospital. Heart transplant is in the cards to draw medical tourism income to the Oil rich state.
After Losing Senatorial Bid, Uduaghan Asks Delta REC To Cancel Election | Sahara Reporters
According to the result, Uduaghan polled 125,776 votes against 258,812 votes secured by Manager.#NigeriaDecides2019
READ MORE: https://t.co/ILBWGkKme5 pic.twitter.com/RpCEnG1p9Q
— Sahara Reporters (@SaharaReporters) February 26, 2019