The Oasis Reporters
April 17, 2018
As at the last count, three days ago,about N200m has been paid into the All Progressive Congress, APC Ekiti State branch kitty by the opposition party governorship aspirants to obtain the Nomination Forms.
Each of the 25 aspirants has paid N8m to obtain it. They are all hoping to displace the successor candidate put in place and supported by Ayo Fayose, the outgoing governor of the State some six months away. Professor Eleka is the ruling party candidate anointed by the governor and he is a new kid on the block in Ekiti politics, currently serving as deputy governor.
Political commentators in Ado-Ekiti the State capital speculate that for the Primary Election alone, no less than N2bn will be spent.
This is the figure that is wetting the lips of contractors, printers, musicians, food vendors, drivers and other entertainers knowing that it will be spent on services to increase the amount of cash in circulation within the largely rural and agrarian state.
For effective publicity and projection of the quality sides of each candidate, Ekiti gubernatorial contestants will be looking to the new level the Anambra 2017 gubernatorial contest was, and perhaps outdoing it.
One of those that defined the social media participation in electioneering campaigns was a well known social media blogger, Viola Ifeyinwa Okolie.
She was director of media for a largely unknown party, the United Progressive Party. Despite odds, she ran a dazzling media campaign on all platforms, such that Anambra state knew candidate Chidoka, often seen as frontliner in the midst of heavyweight big spenders numbering over twenty.
The American style blogging she introduced has become the new symbol and landscape of election campaigns.
Ekiti State candidates will be fortifying their media teams and engaging bloggers secretly to project them to the targeted audience, as well as demolishing their perceived opponents within the ambit of decency, still with propaganda in mind.
So far, here’s the list of aspirants that have paid for the APC nomination form and their Senatorial District, as at 14th April, 2018:
*Ekiti South Senatorial District* (11 aspirants):
1. Senator Gbenga Aluko (SGA) – Gbonyin LGA
2. Rt. Hon. Femi Bamisile (BAFEM) – Ekiti East LGA
3. Hon. Bamidele Faparusi (FAPPY) – Gbonyin LGA
4. Dr. Wole Oluyede – Ikere LGA
5. Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi (DRA) – Emure LGA
6. Chief Oladiran Barnabas Adesua (OBA) – Ekiti East LGA
7. Mr. Kola Alabi (KA) -Ikere LGA
8. Dr. Makanjuola Akindele Owolabi (MAO) – Gbonyin LGA
9. Captain Sunday Adebomi – Ise-Orun LGA
10. Chief Dele Okeya – Emure LGA
11. Aare Muyiwa Olumilua – Ikere LGA
Ekiti Central Senatorial District (7 aspirants):
12. Senator Babafemi Ojudu (SBO) – Ado LGA
13. Hon. Michael Opeyemi Bamidele (MOB) – Irepodun-Ifelodun LGA
14. Barrister Victor Olumuyiwa Kolade (VOK) – Efon LGA
15. Mr. Ogunkoyode Oladipo (Atupa) – Ekiti West LGA
16. Oluomo (Dr.) Oluwole Oluleye – Efon LGA
17. Prince Olatunji Tosin Olofinluyi (Ewuola) – IIrepodun-Ifelodun LGA
18. Engr. Kayode Ojo (KO) – Ijero LGA
*Ekiti North Senatorial District* (7 aspirants):
19. Senator. Ayo Arise – Oye LGA
20. Hon. Bimbo Daramola – Oye LGA
21. Mr. Muyiwa Coker – Ido-Osi LGA
22. Mrs. Christiana Mojisola Yaya Kolade – Oye LGA
23. Otunba Yinka Akerele – Oye LGA
24. Chief Segun Oni (CSO) – Ido LGA
25. Dr. John Kayode Fayemi (JKF) – Oye LGA
Only one will emerge, but whether the losers will not go to court challenging the victory of the eventual winner, remains to be seen sometime in May.