The Oasis Reporters
September 3, 2021
By Asile Abel, Jos
The entire All Progressive Congress members in the Plateau State House of Assembly and the Plateau State All Progressives Congress Stakeholders have passed a vote of confidence on Simon Bako Lalong, the Plateau State governor who is also the Chairman of Northern Governors Forum at a Stakeholders meeting which took place at the Victoria Gowon Multi Purpose Hall, Govt.House, Little Rayfield Jos recently for the quick intervention and handling of the security situation that has bedevilled the Home of Peace and Tourism in the recent past.
Lalong in his opening remarks thanked all those who assisted in dousing the tension after the Rukuba Road skirmishes as well as the Yelwa Zangam carnage.
The troubled Governor, who hates crises and violence, particularly, thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the prompt directives to the Minister of Humanitarian and Disaster Management, Hajiya Sadiyya and the Director General of the National Emergency and Management Agency (NEMA) to immediately provide and distribute foodstuffs and building materials to all affected areas of Jos North, Bassa, Riyom, Barkin Ladi, Mangu LGAs and others.
The President also directed that the food items and materials should be sourced and bought in Plateau State for the benefit of Plateau traders.
The Executive Governor also announced to the delight of the APC Stakeholders that the lingering crisis between the Plateau State House of Assembly and the Plateau State Government has been resolved with reconciliation and forgiveness made.
Lalong also advised that with the upcoming congresses and the Local Government Council Elections, all stakeholders should mobilize members of the APC to start sensitising each other for the very important events in September and October, 2021 respectively.
Resolutions of APC Stakeholders meeting held at the New Govt. House held, 31st Aug 2021.
The meeting was convened to review the development in the party and the up-coming local govt. party Congresses in the State.
At the end of the deliberations the following resolutions were adopted:
1. To remain committed to the party and its indivisibility.
2. Condemned in its totality the wanton destruction of lives and properties in the recent carnage experienced in the State.
3. Commented the State Govt. For steps already taken so far to address the challenges and urged the Governor to remain resolute in providing the good leadership he has always done.
4. The meeting noted that some members of the party have instituted legal suits against the party. This was observed to be contrary to the directives of the party at the National headquarters in Abuja. It therefore directed such members to humbly withdraw such suits.
5. Resolved to proceed with the LGA Congresses according to official timetable from the National headquarters of the party.
6. It also resolved to encourage consensus at the Congress as usual but emphasis must be on recorded evidences of such consensus or elections as the case may be.
7. That there shall be no movements of party members from one LGA to another.
8. Decried the evil machinations of political opponents in preparations of violence on the Plateau for political reasons by way of heating up the polity and the misuse of social media.
9. Stakeholders commiserated with the families of all those who lost their loved ones and properties in the recent attacks in Bassa, Jos North, Riyom, Barkin Ladi, Mangu LGAs and others. Praying for the quickest recovery for the injured.
10. Finally, members unanimously passed a vote of confidence on the leader of the party and Governor of the State, the Rt. Hon. (Dr) Simon Bako Lalong urging him to remain resolute and strong.
The resolution of the meeting was called and adopted.