The Oasis Reporters
September 21, 2018
The Kaduna PDP governorship aspirants forum has raised an alarm over suspected attempts “to subvert the democratic process ahead of the forthcoming gubernatorial primaries slated for the 28th of September, 2018” and have called on the national body of the party to intervene directly, since the party’s chances at winning the Kaduna gubernatorial election is now brighter than ever.
The Kaduna State Chairman of the Party, Hon Felix Hassan Hyet is being accused by the forum of “openly attaching himself” to one of the governorship aspirants because he has been pre – offered the position of a running mate by the said unnamed candidate.
He was further accused of tampering with the delegates lists of some local governments to suit the candidature of the unnamed politician.
The PDP national body is therefore being called upon to take “full charge” of the Party’s activities in Kaduna State, in order to rescue the situation.
BEING TEXT OF A JOINT PRESS CONFERENCE BY KADUNA STATE PDP GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANTS FORUM HELD AT THE NUJ SECRETARIAT ON 21ST SEPTEMBER 2018.
In view of recent developments in our great party, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Kaduna State; the Governorship Aspirants Unity Forum comprising of Distinguished Senator Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi, Alhaji Mohammed Sani Sidi, OFR, H.E Dr Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, Dr Muhammed Sani Bello and Dr Shuaibu Idris Mikati met, deliberated and took unanimous decisions for the love and progress of our Party and the state, the Forum deems it a duty to intimate the national leadership of our great party, teeming party members, supporters and the general public on the following concerns;
Prior to and after losing the 2015 general elections, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) has never been a more ‘cherished bride’ with the prospects of winning almost all the elective posts in Kaduna State than now with more people willing to join and participate actively in rescuing our state and the nation at large.
2. As democrats, the Forum insists that power must truly return to the people through open and transparent process anchored on internal democratic process in our great party.
3. Forum also observed with dismay the deliberate attempt to subvert the democratic process ahead of the forthcoming gubernatorial primaries slated for the 28th of September, 2018.
4. Forum condemns strongly the activities of the Kaduna State Chairman of our Party, Hon Felix Hassan Hyet, who has openly attached himself to one of the gubernatorial aspirants, which is against the norm and the principle of fair play. He has, without a sense of decorum, been openly working against the aspirations of the other gubernatorial aspirants in favour of his ‘anointed candidate’ because he has been promised the position of a running mate (Deputy Governor).
4. After the recent congresses in which ad-hoc delegates were elected, the State Chairman threw caution to the wind by tampering with delegate lists of several Local Government areas sent to the State Party Secretariat to the advantage of his ‘anointed one’. There is great tension in the State as a result of the partiality of the Party Chairman; whereby the bright prospects of “bringing back” Kaduna State to the PDP is in jeopardy.
5. Forum further notes, the attempt by the Party Chairman to surreptitiously foist the preferred candidate using a certain group called “Southern Kaduna Stakeholders Chairmen Forum”. This act is capable of destabilizing the party and its prospect in the 2019 polls and undermining the efforts of the aspirants to find consensus among themselves.
In view of the above, the Forum humbly requests the National leadership of our great party to take “full charge” of the Party’s activities in Kaduna State, in order to rescue the situation and restore the confidence of majority of Party members and loyalists in the state once more.
The Forum also calls on teeming party members, delegates and supporters to resist all attempts to subvert the democratic process and vote for aspirants of their choice. Meanwhile the Forum wishes to reassure all that discussions are ongoing to reach a consensus among the aspirants.
Thank you all for your kind attention.
1. Ahmed Maiyaki
2.Dr Allahmagani Yohanna
3. Mock Samuel Kure
4. Yakubu Lere