The Oasis Reporters
October 24, 2017
Watching Tiger Woods practice his iron shots on the golf course, he looked pain-free and seem set to return to the golf course, but he kept teasing.
The 14-time major champion has been out of action since withdrawing from the Dubai Desert Classic in February.
The 41-year-old, who was given the all-clear by doctors last week to resume golf activity, was able to swing freely and didn’t look in any discomfort.
Woods posted a video on his Instagram account and the caption read: “Return of the Stinger. #starwars.”
The former world number one, who has undergone a fourth back operation in the past three years, has given no timeframe as to when he will be back.
Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, admitted last week he wasn’t sure when his client would return to competitive action.
He said: “We have not even talked about it.
“We will see what each day brings, what each week brings.”
Rory McIlroy recently admitted that even if Woods weren’t to play again, he would still cement his place as one of the game’s greats.
“I’ve spent a bit of time with him over the past few months and he’s waiting on his doctors to tell him when he can do things again,” McIlroy said.
“He’s going to take their advice and maybe not be quite as stubborn as he was back in the day. He’s taking it very slowly.
“But if he doesn’t play again he’s been the greatest player I’ve ever seen.
“He probably played the greatest golf that anyone in my lifetime has seen. Jack (Nicklaus) has a better record but I don’t know if he played better golf.
“If this is it, he doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone – not to me, not to us, not to himself.
“I don’t think there’s a single figure in golf who did more for the game in terms of bringing different groups of people into the game, different ethnicities, different age groups and made golf cool.
“He’s a legend of the game, and if this is it, then everyone should just applaud what a great career he’s had.”
Source : Express.co.uk